Challenge Lens Status: 3,983 on Oct 17, up from 84,121 on Oct 10
I’d like to talk about the Snowflake Method of lensbuilding, based on the Snowflake Method of fiction-writing (which is a good lesson on how to write content). Your lens topic is the kernel of a snowflake. Like the grain of dust a snowflake forms around, that core idea, its focus, will determine the shape of what’s to come, along with weather and moisture (competition and search popularity) and other external factors.
You can’t control external factors. But you can control what’s inside.
A healthy lens needs six things:
- Focused, useful, interesting content.
- Organization and a logical flow from one section to the next.
- Graphics and visual appeal (CSS, varying text with visual elements).
- Strong writing: good grammar and spelling; compelling, crisp text.
- Avenues for conversion: links to click, things to buy, or another action you’re directing your visitors towards.