Wow! Where are these purple stars coming from! This is a HUGE huge huge thank you to everyone who has nominated my lenses for purple stars, Lens of the Day, and other Squidoo awards.
I also feel like bragging, although I am actually a little surprised at one of the purple stars I just found in my inbox. It’s not my best lens. I suppose it’s unique content, though!
The Purple Stars
- Make a Fancy Table of Contents (5.29.09) I put a buttload of work into making this tutorial beautiful as well as useful.
- The Great Blizzard of 1978 (11.16.09) Just a fun lens about a piece of history I lived through.
- Convert Your Prius to a Plug-in Hybrid (11.21.09) Who found this?! It’s one of my oldest lenses, a somewhat dated report on the very first commercially-available kit to turn a regular into a plug-in hybrid.
- Greekgeek Squidoo Tips: How to Get Your Lens Found ( I think and hope this lens and its 2 sequels have helped a lot of new Squidoo lensmasters.
- How to Make a Pyramid Kite (12.9.09) Woot! I first built this webpage in ’94 as a cool “here’s something I know — use it!” gift to the web. I’ve always been proud of this lens, despite its simplicity.
The Lens of the Day(s)
The first one was nominated barely two weeks after I started on Squidoo, and is still the cornerstone of my Squidoo presence. The second one is a rare case in which I self-nominated, but I had a good reason: (a) Jackie Robinson Day was coming up and (b) the lens donates its earnings to his charity, so I was eager to get it in the spotlight.
- Ancient Greece Odyssey: A Traveler’s Journal (Lens created 5.5.07, Made LOTD on 5.17.07)
- Jackie Robinson: An American Hero (Made LOTD in early April ’09)
Ancient Greece Odyssey also made 5th place runner-up for Lens of the Year 2007, and won Best Travel Lens in 2008. It has also been reviewed by several lensmaster blogs!
Giant Squid Community Showcase
- Funny Signs and Bizarre Billboards As so often, I had no idea this lens had been nominated until I noticed the traffic stats sending me fresh traffic. This would’ve been September ’08.
Top 100 Lenses
- Ancient Greece Odyssey: A Traveler’s Journal 220 days in the Top 100, currently at 91. Best rank: #3.
- Greekgeek’s Squidoo Tips: How to Get Your Lens Found 200 days in the Top 100, currently at 61. Best rank: #8.
- SquidU Lensmaster Lounge Help 72 days in Top 100, currently 1111. Best rank #29.
- Make a Fancy Table of Contents 50 days in Top 100, currently 3094. Best rank #3.
- Volcanoes Are Hot Stuff, 31 days on top 100, currently 7503. Best Rank: #31.
- Jackie Robinson: An American Hero 36 days on Top 100, currently 8500. Best Rank: #6.
As you can see, about half my “Best” lenses are Squidoo-related, but I’m happy to see that half of them are simply on topics I’m passionate about. Although really I’m such a CSS Addict that “Fancy Table of Contents” counts, too.
Random Traffic and Ratings
- Ancient Greece Odyssey lifetime visits: 19160 (adding all the other chapters, it’s about 40,000). 200 ratings.
- Greekgeek’s Squidoo Tips: 20193 lifetime visits, 826 ratings.
- Funny Signs: 26307 visits, 28 ratings. LOTS of search engine traffic, even though I knew nothing about SEO when I made it!
- How to Make a Pyramid Kite: 19797 lifetime visits, 15 ratings. Another pre-SEO lens that just happene to grab keywords.
- Fancy Table of Contents: only 4600 visits, but it was made 7 months ago and has 258 ratings!
Okay, that’s enough stats. I’m not so interested in pay, but if you want to know more about ALL my lenses and stats, see Greekgeek’s Squidoo Stats for pay days and breakdowns of my lenses from best to worst.